“As God Herself is a mother, so did She shine her holy light on the womb.”
Their primary symbol is a golden disc, representing the Sun beneath which Sollun suffered, died and rose again. Matrial Adherents often accent their clothing with yellow to commemorate this.
The Matrial Orthodoxy often use depictions of Sollun’s Holy Mother in art. As a stand-in for Sollun or for God Herself.
- Any person, no matter how sinful, might enter into Heaven. Should they truly and honestly repent of their misdeeds and accept the light of God Herself. This repentance must be freely entered into. And come from a knowledge and acceptance of God Herself – not from obligation.
- Treat others the way you wish to be treated.
- Worship only God Herself, for I am the only true God,
- Make prayer without iconography, so that you worship only the pure spirit of God Herself,
- You will
honourthe name of God Herself and use it only in reverence,
- Rest every seventh day, and keep it for worship,
honourto your parents,
- Live peacefully,
- Live loyally,
- Earn what you receive,
- Live truthfully, and
- Live generously.
- Purity – The ability to refrain from being distracted and influenced by hostility, temptation or corruption.
- Temperance – Prudence to judge between actions with regard to appropriate actions at a given time.
- Benevolence – To live with
generosityof spirit, unconditional love for one’s fellows.
- Diligence – A zealous and careful nature in one’s actions and work. A decisive work ethic, steadfastness in belief, and the capability of not giving up.
- Patience – Building a sense of peaceful stability and harmony rather than conflict, hostility, and antagonism. Resolving issues and arguments respectfully, as opposed to resorting to anger and fighting.
- Kindness – Unselfish love and voluntary kindness without bias or spite. Having positive outlooks and cheerful demeanor; to inspire kindness in others.
- Selflessness – The courage of the heart necessary to undertake tasks which are difficult, tedious or unglamorous. And to graciously accept the sacrifices involved. Reverence for those who have wisdom and those who selflessly teach in love.
Sermons and songs are ostentatious and spirited. Since the
Matrial churches tend to be richly embellished, their primary adornments being varied representations of Sollun in his place in Heaven.
Recent proceedings that effect followers
Despite losing their toehold in the New World, the
MatrialChurch has had remarkable success in the previous few years.
MatrialPontiff, Helena IV de la Madre Sancta, has been busy. She sent emissaries to Charleston in the interest of setting up a Bishopric there. At the same time, she accepted the Iskan Duchess’ invitation to take up residence in a new Summer Palace and move away from Tassanos.
Tassanos, she welcomed the conversion of the Excommunicated PadricianEmperor and took the Iskan heir Anastasia into her tutelage.
With two of the great nations of Sollundom effectively under their direct control. The
MatrialChurch is poised to seize command over all of Sollundom and is in a dominant position to face the Patronic faithful should they resist.